We have arrived, the close of 2021 is in our sights. As I look back over the year, I am amazed at what has transpired in my life.
As I look back over the year, here are a few things that meant the most to me:
- Family – I am grateful for spending time with my family, and I look forward to celebrating my brother’s wedding in the new year. I love you all deeply.
- The blessing of a job and work – every day may not be easy or delightful, but most days are rewarding, and I am blessed to have a job, employ those who need it, and support a great mission.
- The Focus Course Academy – during this year, I participated in two beta groups to help me plan and live a focused life. All the pieces may not be in place (yet), but the foundation is there.
- Team Treehouse – one of the greatest gifts I received from the Focus Course Academy was Team Treehouse. God brought us together from all over the world and knit us together as a family. We are currently on version 2.0, and I am forever grateful for Hollie, Jenette, Maxim, Bernd, and Stuart. Words cannot express my gratitude for you and your impact on my life.
- Letting go of my Lifegroup – for several years, I have been leading a Lifegroup at my church. This group propelled me to start writing devotionals during the 2020 pandemic that morphed into this podcast. As we continued through the pandemic, I realized it was time to “let go” of this group and focus on new things. I am grateful to this group for pushing me, challenging me, and supporting this podcast.
- Rocking Chair Devotions – I usually am good at starting things, but maintaining them is quite difficult. I am grateful to this community for downloading the episodes, passing them along to friends, and joining me on life’s journey.
- Over the past year, I have:
- Working Genius Certification – a new assessment came on the market from Pat Lencioni’s group, and not too long ago, I became certified in facilitating this assessment to groups of people. This certification opens the door for some future consulting. For now, it’s another tool in my toolbox, but I am excited to see where it could lead.
As I look back over the year, it’s been a fantastic adventure. From home to work and everything in between, I am excited to see what 2022 has in store for me.
I want to encourage you to take time before the end of the year and reflect on some of your big highlights. Write them down, share them with a friend, and plan for an even better 2022.
It’s been a great ride! Thanks for being part of the Rocking Chair Devotions community, and I look forward to what God has in store for each of us next year.
Let me leave you with this quote from Ed Young, Jr.:
“God is preparing you for what He has prepared for you.”
Lord, thank you for 2021 and the blessings you gave us. Thank you for friends, family, new communities, goal accomplishments, building on our spiritual journey, and so much more. As we prepare for 2022, please give us wisdom and guidance as we prepare for what’s next. Amen!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links contained on this website are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”